Google
 

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

ACL Reconstructive Surgery and Meniscus Repair

I had ACL reconstructive surgery and some meniscus repair done to my right knee on January 10. I completely tore my ACL in August of 2005 and finally went under the knife last week. I removed my knee brace two days after surgery and have not worn it since. For the most part, the pain has been minimal with the first night after the surgery being the worst - so it looks like I was in pretty good hands at Shady Grove Orthopedics.
Here are some pictures that my sister's kindergarten class drew for me. Before I was wheeled into surgery, I was able to check them out and get a good laugh!



Here I am outside on a sunny day wearing a baseball cap - with Jackie and Testudo. Jackie is giving me flowers but I'm not quite sure what those brown things are flying in the air. Thank you Isabella!!!




In this rendering, Nathanial has me hanging out outside with Jackie and Testudo on another sunny day. Please note my bloody knee and bald head. Thanks Nathanial!!!





Here I am with my bloody knee and a Maryland shirt - once again on a beautiful day with Jackie and Testudo. Thanks Victoria!!!





In this picture, Kelly captures a beautiful scene. Jackie and I are expressing our love for one another - hence the hearts above our heads - on a partly cloudy day. We also see Testudo, an oak tree, and a sunflower. Thanks Kelly!!!

No comments: